We're always looking to meet and collaborate with new artists. Keep watching this space for new job postings for our 2015/2016 season.
Forum Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
We are now accepting applications and resumes for the following positions in our 2015/2016 season:
Forum Theatre seeks part time House Managers available for evening and weekend shifts. House Managers will assist with all Front of House operations during the run of a show and other special events. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Arrive 2 hours before scheduled show time
· Train Ushers
· Greet and Assist Patrons
· Management of Concessions and Box Office volunteer staff
· Coordinate with the Stage Manager about proper pre-show procedures
· Manage and file all proper reports for the evening
· Act as the Emergency Contact and follow proper emergency procedures when working a show
Qualifications needed for this position:
· Great communication skills
· Awareness of theater pre-show priorities
· Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
· Ability to maintain a high level of customer service
· Leadership Skills to manage volunteers
A background in face-to-face customer service in professional theatre enviornment is a plus. Must be available for at least two weeknight shifts and one weekend shift per-show. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
* We also offer artistic and production internships for credit for current undergraduate students; please specify your area of interest
Forum Theatre does not accept unsolicited scripts, however, we do use the National New Play Exchange to find new work.
If you are a local (Greater Washington area) playwright and would like to be considered for our (Re)Acts series of new works, please check back here for information on how to submit a sample of your work.
PO Box 13974
Silver Spring, MD 20911