Current Openings | Play Submissions | Contact Info
We're always looking to meet and collaborate with new artists. Keep watching this space for new job postings for our 2015/2016 season.
Forum Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.
We are now accepting applications and resumes for the following positions in our 2015/2016 season:
Forum Theatre seeks part time House Managers available for evening and weekend shifts. House Managers will assist with all Front of House operations during the run of a show and other special events. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Arrive 2 hours before scheduled show time
· Train Ushers
· Greet and Assist Patrons
· Management of Concessions and Box Office volunteer staff
· Coordinate with the Stage Manager about proper pre-show procedures
· Manage and file all proper reports for the evening
· Act as the Emergency Contact and follow proper emergency procedures when working a show
Qualifications needed for this position:
· Great communication skills
· Awareness of theater pre-show priorities
· Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
· Ability to maintain a high level of customer service
· Leadership Skills to manage volunteers
A background in face-to-face customer service in professional theatre enviornment is a plus. Must be available for at least two weeknight shifts and one weekend shift per-show. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Forum Theatre is seeking a Marketing and Public Relations Manager. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will have responsibility for all administrative aspects of Forum’s marketing and public relations. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will support the Artistic Director and Managing Director in branding efforts and developing community partnerships. The core of those responsibilities lies in maintaining relations with the press, as well as crafting and maintaining the Forum brand. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute Forum Theatre’s seasonal marketing plan and messaging calendar along with the Managing Director;
• Work with the Artistic Director and Managing Director to evolve Forum Theatre’s brand marketing plan;
• Develop and execute a social media plan;
• Maintain the company’s presence on social media platforms;
• Maintain relationships with members of the press;
• Draft and send press releases;
• Maintain eBlast mailing list;
• Draft and send all of the company’s electronic newsletters;
• Work directly with the Development department on executing the development plan which includes Giving Tuesday, the End of Year campaign, general monthly asks, etc.;
• Work directly with the other Front of House and Development to execute the company’s subscription plan;
• Work directly with the rest of the Forum team to execute the company’s mission to the fullest extent possible.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
• 1-2 years experience with marketing and public relations;
• Demonstrated program management knowledge and skills required.
• Excellent speaking and written skills required.
• Ability to support and implement the mission and goals of Forum Theatre’
• Be able to work as a team member in a fast paced office.
The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will be a contractor for Forum Theatre. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will be paid a stipend of $700 a month.
Forum Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a marketing related writing sample to Kyle Jean Fisher, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials should be in one PDF and should be submitted by August 8, 2016 at 5pm.
Forum Theatre is a non-profit theatre located in Silver Spring, MD. Forum Theatre produces adventurous, relevant, and challenging plays from a diversity of voices that inspire discussion and build community -- and that are accessible, affordable, and entertaining.
* We also offer artistic and production internships for credit for current undergraduate students; please specify your area of interest
Forum Theatre does not accept unsolicited scripts, however, we do use the National New Play Exchange to find new work.
If you are a local (Greater Washington area) playwright and would like to be considered for our (Re)Acts series of new works, please check back here for information on how to submit a sample of your work.
You can send us your resume by mail to:
PO Box 13974
Silver Spring, MD 20911